Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Some Norman McLaren

I just yesterday discovered the amazing world of experimental animation, so now I'm hyped. I was really looking for Oskar Fischinger, but I stumbled upon Norman McLaren, who I'd heard about before, and always wanted to see. I had what sci-fi fans called Sense of Wonder; I guess that's how UPA felt when they saw his work in the Fifties. I wish I could make one!

I feel like showing off the two weirdest, Loops and Dots.

As you all probably know, he made these by drawing ink on rolls of film, and by this scratching these synthesizer-ish sounds would play. I really like it, being a big fan of electronic music.



I still can't believe these were made in the Forties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.