Search This Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2023

No Coyote vs. ACME, But a Road Runner Book

Special thanks to reader Jonathan Avery Wilson for pointing this out to me.

I had predicted a big bomb to fall on a live-action-animated film called Coyote vs. ACME. But it looks like the movie's never happening! 

According to Deadline, there has been a $30,000,000 writedown on a movie that costed $70,000,000 to make. It apparently scored well with test audiences, but they apparently thought it wasn't profitable enough to release.

"So long, screwy! See you in St. Louie!"


In a similar news story, according to a user on The Internet Animation Database, a book called 75 Years of the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote is supposed to come out in September. It supposedly is a big bunch of lists, like ACME products, mini bios, etc... (All this and more is already in Looney Tunes: The Ultimate Visual Guide). I assume it's supposed rto be--or was--a tie-in the this movie. Will it be published?

Either way, I'm not too interested. I am more into collecting animation books that are either memoirs were written with the cooperation of the participants, not giant coffeetables that have less depth than an article on the Looney Tunes Wiki.

Speaking of that, it is not on the Wiki or anywhere. I can't find it anywhere on the internet. Is it fake? Either way I'm not buying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.