Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2024

MeTV Toons is Here!

The title says it all!

I don't have cable, so I haven't looked at it yet. As of me writing (5:20 PM EDT) The Tom & Jerry Show is playing (not to be confused with that awful flash show on Boomerang). 

The website is pretty awesome, too, with articles, quizzes, and videos. I found out I was insane, though. I took a Road Runner "complete the title" quiz and got an 100%. Yikes!

It was interesting to see that Histeria! and Freakazoid! are on the schedule. Will Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs start playing too? That'd be cool!

I'm going to make one prediction: I think "new content" will eventually start playing on this channel. Sure, it was said it wouldn't but these kind of channels eventually lean on something like that (can you scream Wabbit and Bunnicula?) This isn't even a bad thing: a classic cartoon channel will have a neo-classical series.

All good!

6 comments:

  1. I do have cable (and pay a ton for it) as well as reside in a top 10 TV market, and still am not able to access the channel much to my frustration. And the Xfinity provider here carries many Weigel-owned channels, including the NBC affiliate.
    Thus far, the only way to see MTT locally is Philo and Frndly TV, but I don't do streaming (yes, I'm old), and have too many expenses already.
    You're likely absolutely right with your prognosis--By the time its widely available, it will be another modern-day CN clone.
    Speaking of which, you just know the pinhead execs at Xfinity likely said when offered the network, "Oh, they run all those shows on Cartoon Network.".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xfinity probably thought that.

      My grandparents' AT&T does not have it. I have not checked my streaming stuff yet (busy; especially tonight).

      Delete
  2. I don't have a TV. I have DVDs and mp4 files with more cartoons than I could ever watch. And I can schedule them when I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hans Christian BrandoJune 28, 2024 at 6:58 AM

    I give it six months before somebody starts complaining about the "racist" and "violent" content of the old cartoons (not just the theatricals but the mid-century TV cartoons that heavily featured Native American stereotypes and firearms) and the network starts producing inferior original shows to take their place as they gradually disappear. That seems to be the pattern, but I hope I'm proven wrong. And hopefully they'll schedule the programming properly, showing the Saturday morning shows on Saturday morning, the afternoon shows during the afternoons, and the theatrical classics throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perish the thought! Did this happen with Boomerang?

      Delete

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.