Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2023

The (In)Complete Bosko Vol. 1 is Coming Soon

Apparently, Not an Animation Historian! has restored 10 Bosko cartoons from both Warner Brothers and MGM and has a Blu-Ray set for release soon. A lot of the Warner Boskos (at least) are public domain, so if we have those Van Beuren abominations on Blu-Ray, why not the Talk-Ink Kid? For the book, during the summer, I had took notes on what Boskos can be watched on YouTube, all of them in grayish-blue hues, so this is a welcome effort!

If you are unfamiliar with him, NAAH is an amateur restorer whose done a bunch of YouTube videos showing off his pretty reconstructions. I particularly liked his fixing of Mr. Bug Goes to Town, which I watched for the first time last week. Here's a preview:

I must say I'm happy to see us young nobodys making money off of cartoon stuff, especially considering my book. I'm hoping it'll accompany this growing awakening of Golden Age Animation.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to review this collection upon release. I have to save up for buying Christmas presents, but I might request it for a holiday surprise, but I confess Collector's Choice Vol. 2 or another Walt Disney Treasure is high on my mind.

It ships around the end of this month to the beginning of November. It can be ordered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.