Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Looney Tunes: Collector's Choice: Volume 2 Cartoon Listing

Some good news, folks! The list of cartoons on Collector's Choice is all good! No Buddy!

According to Looney Tunes DVD and Blu-Ray News, they are:

  • Behind the Meat-Ball
  • Brother Brat
  • Catty Cornered
  • Cross Country Detours
  • Daffy's Southern Exposure
  • Ding Dog Daddy
  • The Eager Beaver
  • Fair and Worm-er
  • Fin'n Catty
  • From Hand to Mouse
  • Ghost Wanted
  • Greetings Bait
  • Hamateur Night
  • Hare-Breadth Hurry
  • A Hick, a Slick, and a Chick
  • Hiss and Make Up
  • A Hound for Trouble
  • I Wanna Be a Sailor
  • The Leghorn Blows at Midnight
  • Lickety-Splat
  • One Meat Brawl
  • The Penguin Parade
  • Rabbit Rampage
  • The Rebel Without Claws
  • The Wacky Worm

I am very pleased with this selection! 1940s Tashlin is finally finished up with Behind the Meat-Ball and Brother Brat. And yay, more Art Davis! I was surprised to see The Rebel Without Claws, for obvious reasons. I guess we have gotten Hare-Breadth Hurry; begrudging so, presumably (in my article on the Blu-Ray's announcement I predicted it wouldn't be on there because of Jerry Beck's dislike of it). Still no Leghorn Swoggled, but maybe in April.

6 comments:

  1. Rebel Without Claws has been shown intact on MeTV, so its inclusion here is not surprising.

    Glad it's predominately '30s and '40s material--Haven't seen Brother Brat in forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen Brother Brat ever! I think I've heard it said that Tash remade it with Jerry Lewis.

      Delete
  2. Out of all of Jones' early work, I was kinda surpised to see Ghost Wanted on here. I think it's probably one of the few, or the only, of his early works that hasn't been restored (it's not even on Max for some reason).

    I'm glad they're dipping their toes and adding more one-shots. Hoping they get more 40s Avery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad more Jones is coming up. The more of him, the better.

      One-shots is all they have left!

      Delete
  3. Hans Christian BrandoOctober 12, 2023 at 7:50 AM

    I'm no Buddy fan (although I rather like "Buddy the Detective" and "Buddy's Adventure"), but it's the "No Buddy!" attitude that keeps some Warner Bros. cartoons under wraps. I still hope every last one of them ultimately becomes available, even the 1930s ones we're evidently not supposed to like--many of those hint at the brilliance to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said everybody has to like Buddy. heck I'm supposed to think Popeyes are "brilliant", but I think they're awful. I'm mainly complaining about the poor choices on the DVDs, like lots of Beans and Bosko (in a commentary for one of them Jerry Beck says he's happy these "black and white" ones are on there).

      Delete

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.