Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Mickey Mouse Horror Game, And Another Horror Movie


If you thought a horror movie was bad enough, think again. It has gotten much weirder. A special thanks to wile_e2005 and his excellent blog for making this known to me.

Apparently around the same time this movie was announced a video game called Infestation: Origins. And guess who one of its enemies is.

Here's the trailer:


Infestation is apparently a video game from 1990 that I, having a reasonable knowledge of gaming history, am surprised I've never heard of. Apparently you fight off aliens and stuff on another planet. Well anyway, this apparent "prequel" has Mickey as one of the bosses.

You know, honestly, that doesn't even look like him. They could've already done this without having to wait for Steamboat Willie to go PD.


But that's not all, folks. There appears to be another horror movie, as-of-yet unnamed. This one is actually about Mickey Mouse, unlike Mickey's Mouse Trap. It is being written and will be directed by some horror veteran Steve LaMorte, about how "a late-night boat ride turns into a desperate fight for survival in New York City when a mischievous mouse becomes a monstrous reality." Apparently Mickey comes to life to kill people. Okay then. 

Says director: "Filmmakers--we're all kids in the sandbox. We love taking our toys and playing with them in different ways. It's not a desire to ruin these characters or make a quick buck, but to honor them and show them in a new light." Whatever you say, Steve, but I don't plan to ever "honor" something I "love" by screwing with them in a twisted, sick way.

But honestly, I don't know if I hate all this or not. On hand, I hate to see Mickey Mouse abused so badly. But on the other, I admire the ingenuity of these people to take advantage of this. Especially since I may or may not have (cue shameless self-promotion):


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment, even if it takes awhile.

Absolutely no hard language.